Because there's just too much ugliness.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Golden Globes roundup

The Golden Globes was all-around one of my favorite red carpet events I've seen in a long time. This gives me hope for an exicting fashion year 2011!
Trends:

Minimalism

Both Hailee and Emma choose solid color, straightforward dresses. What worked was their clean cut elegance, and perfect fits. I personally love both of them:
This is from Prabal Gurung:

Emma Stone's dress is, not surprisingly, Calvin Klein:


Green

This Monique Lhuillier puts Catherine Zeta-Jones back in her glory zone for me. Lately she's been looking old and tired, but she's radiant tonight!

I was so excited about Angelina's Versace I didn't even know what to do with myself. Angie not wearing black! It was absolutely delightful, and of course she looked stunning.

Mila Kunis is not my favorite on the red carpet, I think she usually looks smug and flat. But this dress just fit her so perfectly!




Demure
Several of these usually fashion forward ladies chose a more femine, soft look, that I think worked really well.

Especially for Leighten Meester, I think this Burburry dress is gorgeous on her:




And...I don't know who she is, or who her dress is, but I just thought she looked pretty, so hey;



Oliva Wilde just looked spectacular. This dress couldn't possibly be made to look better!


And Helena Bonham Carter, God love her! THis Vivianne Westwood dress is just as loony and lovable as she is. I highly enjoyed her playfulness:










Who wore your favorite Golden Globe dress?








Angelina Jolie
Olivia Wilde
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Emma Stone
Leighten Meester
You missed my favorite!

You may select multiple answers.



 
Show results


Votes so far: 0


Days left to vote: 6



1 comment: