Because there's just too much ugliness.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kate




I have a confession to make:
I really want to see Salt.

Yes, that new Angelina Jolie movie.
I know-
lame.

But I do. I think Ms. Jolie is striking and powerful, and I'm honestly quite excited about it.

This goes against all my cool, indie, I-only-like-Zooey-Deschanel-and-Grace-Kelly movies self, but I cannot deny it.

know I typically don't share personal thoughts, so why this?



Well, it occurred to me that no matter how artsy or hipster or fashion forward we make ourselves, that only turns us into caricatures anyway. And erasing our lame corny quirks is a) impossible and b) undesirable. I'll never be a fantastic book or movie character; I might as well just enjoy the horribly normal human I really am.

I found the thought rather freeing.
And freedom (along with Angelina Jolie) is quite lovely.







No comments:

Post a Comment