Because there's just too much ugliness.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yes, I'm still proud to be...


I know I'm late, but the 4th of July is the only holiday I really love, and I just couldn't pass it up without celebrating it!
I love it for the weather, for the watermelon and popsicles, family cookouts and little kids over-eager flag flying, but most of all I love sharing a magnificent fireworks display with a whole group of excited Americans.


What I really wanted to post is a clip of the 1990 movie Avalon where the old immigrant man begins his story: I came to America in 1914. It was Independence Day...its one of the best opening scenes I know, but alas, not to be found online.So instead I present you with a rednecky version of the 4th of July, but a great song and a cowboy ruffian's attempt at loveliness:

No comments:

Post a Comment