Because there's just too much ugliness.

Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Fashion Awards

Kate's 2009 Fashion Awards!

There were many beautiful dresses this year, and I enjoyed every single one of them. Picking out my very favorites was a hard task, because there were just so many!
So I've decided to divide several of them up into categories, so I can share as much lovlieness with you as possible!
Enjoy!
If you have any gowns that particularly stand out to you as needing to be on this list, let me know! I'd love to hear commentary.
Now, without further ado, lets get started......


For Best Color, I have to begrudgingly give it to Shakira. The dress is cheerful and bright, and very flattering. She made all the right choices with hair, jewelry, and makeup.

My Best Bling award is a tie beBoldtween two pretty country blondes. Maybe I could split it up into Best Gold, for Julianne Hough's glowing look, and Best Silver, for Taylor Swift's sleek shimmer.



Overall Most Bold
award goes to Rihanna, who, I admit, has had some absolute failures, but has continued to push the envelope and found some absolutely stunning and surprising gowns.

The Best Ball Gown award goes to Marion Cotiliard, who is always dressed gorgeously, at the Oscars for her black and blue Dior tulle perfection:
Best Black award goes to Reese Witherspoon at the CMAs. She makes this gorgeous dress look refined and lovely instead of sleazy, and her hair and makeup complement it perfectly!Best Short goes to Carrie Underwood (Grammy party), in Georges Shakra. It fits her perfectly, has a very unique style, and absolutely shines!
Evan Rachel Wood recieves the overall Most Elegant 2009 award, for classy and stunning pieces like these two. She seems to have left behind her gothic past and embraced her porcelain beauty!


And I know some may disagree with me, but I'm giving Katy Perry the Best Stylish Quirky award for finding creative dresses that aren't ridiculous, but well fitting and fun.












No comments:

Post a Comment